:: The little things that make me smile ::
Thank you, Valentine!
14 February 2012 @ 10:19 PM
Was ogling at Dawn's beautiful hamper sent by David and thought with a pout, "Why no flowers for me..?" Super envious cos David is super sweet! Basket of roses, accompanied with a bottle wine, chocolates and a small little gift! What's more, he hand-delivered to our office!! Wah! Envy x 1000!!

But of course my fiance lim didn't disappoint me. When I got back to my desk, I saw an email with subject "Eleen, you've got flowers here at recept" and so I fly to reception to see a bouquet of tulips waiting for me. Haha, super gleeee!

He booked dinner at Serenity in Vivo, which we have never tried before. But while I was queuing and saw the V-day menu, I almost died looking at the price..


$128++ per person for a 3-course meal?!?! Are you freaking kidding me?! Very much wanted to turn around and leave but he said since he already booked a table and it's once a year thingy, let's go in to try. Ok lo.. But still feeling the ache of my pockets..

As usual, we sat down and started cam-whoring and I gave him his gift. It's always pleasant to see him opening his gifts (from me) and reading my card. 



Then the food came..

Can't remember what we had for starter but the seafood paella and dessert tastes great, with the white wine.




So before we left, got the waiter to take a shot for us.  :)



A very sweet evening spent indeed. But seriously, my heart aches for a few days thinking of how much we have to spend just to celebrate a Valentines day.. So I told him.. "Baby, pls no more actual V-day dinners. If you want to buy me flowers, send it on my birthday or anniversary or any day you feel like perking up my day, EXCEPT on 14 Feb!" 

No more being a fat carrot and suckers.. 

But.. Love all the effort and thoughts from him. Ok, for that, I can say money well spent! 

Labels: ,


Older Post | Newer Post