:: The little things that make me smile ::
Stan's Birthday (Part III) & The Proposal
23 October 2011 @ 3:44 PM
Ok, this is gonna be a long entry.

I must say this Samui trip did not disappoint us. We get what we see from the website, the beach view was beautiful, food was great, people there were friendly and their services were excellent, and with just the two of us (lovebirds), what more could we ask for?  :))

Day 1

We arrived at the villa resort around lunch time and was already starving! We were greeted by the friendly staff and were served ice cool towel and a glass of refreshing jasmine tea, while waiting for our villa to be ready.


We fell in love with the resort even before stepping in to our villa. We really enjoyed the serene green environment. Sitting at the lobby, looking across the green landscape, sipping our fragrant tea, hearing the birds sing and the next thing we know, one of the staff came and told us that we have been upgraded to the next villa category - FREE!

AWESOME!!!

Don't know the reason. Maybe they saw it was bf's bday the next day and gave us complimentary upgrade? Whatever the reason, we were thrilled! Very typical gian-peng singaporean. Hahaha!


So there we were, finally at our villa! It was just so perrrrrrrfect!!

We walked through the narrow stoned pathway and saw our private pool. SWEET! And once we opened the dorr, there were more "oohs" "whoa" "cool" coming from us. The bathroon is super huge, bigger than my bedroom in Buangkok man! Bedroom is cozy and spacious. There were absolutely no complaints about the villa, except that there were many of our mozzie friends around. It's a must must to bring mozzie repellant the next trip.

By the time we finished touring the villa, we were famished! Too hungry to travel to town so we tried the food at one of the restaurants in resort. I can't believe how amazing the beach view was. There were constant cooling sea breeze while we were savoring authentic Thai food. I was rushing through my meal cos I was dying to sink my feet into the white sandy beach.


Oh so pretty.. It's beyond words..

And I just love how the way bf can make funny poses yet stay calm while I was giggling away, trying to get sharp shots of him.

The remaining afternoon was spent lazily in the villa - swimming, watching DVD and taking naps. SHIOK ah!!

Then then then, it was time for dinner!


See that seafood set? It was definitely worth the 1800 baht we paid. Fresh seafood is so cheap and you can get it every few steps at the Chaweng beach area. We eat, chill, walk a little, stop and grab some ice cream and continue shopping the street stalls.

By the time we got back, we were bashed.

Great day one. Sooooooooo looking forward to day two - his birthday!   :)


Day 2

Bright and chirpy day two morning! We headed out early for breakfast and sat at our usual spot. It's weird that I was experiencing something different, although we were sitting at the same spot, looking at the same beach.

The spread at breakfast was great. You can find local food, western and today's special. Again, I told bf that why don't we chill a little at the beach after breakfast. I simply love sitting by the beach, bracing the breeze and listening to the waves. It's just.. so.. relaxing. Trust me, I can sit there the whole day!

While I was dazing away, someone came singing...


It was Brian! The service staff who was serving me breakfast and making small talks earlier.

WOW!

That bringing-out-the-cake-and-singing gig really impressed the shit out of us! Bf thought I was the mastermind but I was equally shocked myself. That was a brilliant and uber sweet gesture from the staff.

After all the cake cutting, we continued spending the rest of the morning by the beach.

No snorkelling for us cos it was drizzling right after breakfast and we had to stay indoors till mid noon. We spotted 'cable riding' in the travel guide and thought we should probably check it out.


I should have brought a pair of sneakers or running shoes. That trek up hill was no joke when I had to carefully pace each step up with my slippery sandals. I was literally panting every 20 mins. Bf had to push my butt up ok.. But all was good when we reached the top.

Breath-taking view and fresh air up there. That painstaking trek was sooooo worth it!


The beautiful view took my fear away. I was still worried about managing that cable, the height and all that wobbly fragile-looking wood stations. But once I was up there, nothing really mattered cos all I wanted was to zoom down and see the waterfall. And we both did, fearless!

Fun trip up in the woods then we went back to villa to freshen up. By then, we were so hungry and drained. Boy, that cable riding was really straineous!

Got back, showered and went out to la-liang again. No doubt that was my favorite chill out spot.


Bf kept me at the beach from 4pm-7pm. We were there listening to music and playing monopoly. Started to feel the chill at about 7-ish and it was time for dinner. We slowly strolled back to the villa where I found myself to the greatest surprise ever..

THE PROPOSAL!!!


Awwwwwwww.. It was uber sweeeeeeeeet!!!

I was totally in shocked, all nervous and flustered that I couldn't hear what the proposal speech was about. Poor bf had to repeat for me during dinner. Hee hee.. It was really amazing. My tears of joy just flowed uncontrollably!

Oh, and btw, no more bf. It is now fiance.  :D

Ok I think I'm dramatic but it's kinda weird and I actually felt something different with the ring on my finger. For that few moments and even the next few days, I felt like the world's most blissful woman. Hahaha! Drama queen.. But it's true. I guess it's the sense of belonging that I was feeling. Simply incredible and indescribable!

So sweet and in bliss, I think I was even smiling in my dreams.  :)


Day 3

Another wet day. It rained non-stop so we had to stay indoors. Fortunately, we had enough DVDs to last us through the day. And because it was raining so heavily, we were too lazy to go anywhere and ordered room service. Guess what.. I kena food poisoning..

I couldn't sit still, had difficulty lying down. Puked a few times, had mild diarrhoea.. ARGH! In the end, we spent the entire day indoors AGAIN! Sigh, fed up! But BB was really nice. He didn't complain, nursed me the whole time and made sure I was feeling ok.

Luckily I was still able to make it for flight home the next day.

So erm, that's it!

This is my short yet truly memorable Samui vacation.  :)

XOXO

Labels: , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post