Are you ready?
21 June 2011 @ 3:02 PM
I seriously wonder: how do people know if they are ready to settle down?
As much as I hate to admit, my senses are yelling at me to see that it is true that the time is not right and both of us are not ready. I used to think our relationship is stable, we are doing ok and it's time to settle down. But as I picked up the actions and behaviors, I realised that we are definitely not ready to start a family on our own.
It's not as simple as to just buy a flat and start living together. It's the personal habits and lifestyle that you need to change and accommodate to your other half. There's no more just thinking what your personal needs but rather what the family needs and how both are responsible for the household.
To put it simple, there will no longer be 'I' but more of 'we'.
Too many thoughts and questions going through my head. Too many considerations and changes we have to adapt.
If we can change and adapt, it will be blissful. But if it's too hard to even try or if we don't have the confidence to maintain, then it's a shame, a real pity..
It will be a tough battle, a long and very difficult one. But for us, I will fight and try - till my last bit of faith and courage.
Bless us.
As much as I hate to admit, my senses are yelling at me to see that it is true that the time is not right and both of us are not ready. I used to think our relationship is stable, we are doing ok and it's time to settle down. But as I picked up the actions and behaviors, I realised that we are definitely not ready to start a family on our own.
It's not as simple as to just buy a flat and start living together. It's the personal habits and lifestyle that you need to change and accommodate to your other half. There's no more just thinking what your personal needs but rather what the family needs and how both are responsible for the household.
To put it simple, there will no longer be 'I' but more of 'we'.
Too many thoughts and questions going through my head. Too many considerations and changes we have to adapt.
If we can change and adapt, it will be blissful. But if it's too hard to even try or if we don't have the confidence to maintain, then it's a shame, a real pity..
It will be a tough battle, a long and very difficult one. But for us, I will fight and try - till my last bit of faith and courage.
Bless us.
Labels: he-makes-me-smile, thoughts





